Like any charitable trust, Partners Porirua relies on the support of grant funders, philanthropic trusts, individual donors and contracts from the Porirua City Council and MSD.
Recent funders have included Mana Community Grants, The Vodafone Foundation, Hutt Mana Charitable Trust, The Todd Foundation and gaming funding from Trust House.
Thanks to these contributors, the community benefits and outcomes are:
- Increased awareness of work opportunities and career options for young people
- Economic development opportunities for businesses employing young people
- Safer young drivers with increased job skills
- Young people motivated and excited about their engagement in the working world
- Supporting the work done by teachers in the classroom, by sourcing experts and developing projects that demonstrate the value and real-world application of theoretical learning
- Raising awareness of the benefits of youth employment
- Giving young people in Porirua the ability to participate and contribute in the community, regardless of their economic circumstances, level of education or their age.